I spent much of last Thursday in one of my favourite places, doing one of my favourite things. Since I was a kid, I have loved gardens and landscaping and trees and flowers – not that I have a garden myself (doing things that involve actual dirt under the fingernails may not be my forte), but I love being in a nice garden or well landscaped park. Such a place is, for me, like a stronghold of peace and pleasantness and endless interest. And aside from walking in gardens and being surrounded by them, I also like taking pictures of them, not for any good reason other than that I like taking pictures.
I am for hireI earn my living as an independent writer, editor, designer, educator, performer, and photographer. Find out more and contact me at jamesharbeck.com.
Buy the T-shirt (or coffee mug or hip flask)
Wear it proudly:
I operate on a NEED-TO-KNOW basis. I need to know EVERYTHING.
Buy it at cafepress.ca/sesquiphernalia
Songs of Love and Grammar
Word Tasting Notes Google groupGet just the word tasting notes daily by email – join the Google Word Tasting Notes group.
- Our strange language, or: How I learned to stop worrying and love language change
- I tell San Francisco how to say Pyeongchang
- Winter Olympic pronunciation tip: Pita Taufatofua, the Tongan flagbearer
- narcissus, daffodil
- Winter Olympic pronunciation tip: sz – Polish vs. Hungarian
- Winter Olympic pronunciation tips: Finnish
- Chinese pronunciation tip 6: si, shi, ci, chi, zi, zhi, Cixi, and mei shir