My latest article for TheWeek.com is really an introduction to acoustic phonetics. But it’s catchier to approach it from the Jimi Hendrix angle…
I am for hireI earn my living as an independent writer, editor, designer, educator, performer, and photographer. Find out more and contact me at jamesharbeck.com.
Buy the T-shirt (or coffee mug or hip flask)
Wear it proudly:
I operate on a NEED-TO-KNOW basis. I need to know EVERYTHING.
Buy it at cafepress.ca/sesquiphernalia
Buy my books
Word Tasting Notes Google groupGet just the word tasting notes daily by email – join the Google Word Tasting Notes group.
- 365 words for drunk
- I plight thee my troth
- around, about, approximately
- Commas before quotes
- Can a metaphor be hyperbole too?
- An article title, "An article title 'An article title needs commas' needs commas," needs commas
- bookstore, bookshop
- Among other things, it's a sentence adverb
- E.g., this kind of thing, etc.