As a companion piece to my piece from last week, “How do prescription drugs get such crazy names?”, I also wrote a piece focusing on ten of the crazier generic names for prescription drugs. It’s up live now on TheWeek.com:
Buy the T-shirt (or coffee mug or hip flask)
Wear it proudly:
I operate on a NEED-TO-KNOW basis. I need to know EVERYTHING.
Buy it at cafepress.ca/sesquiphernalia
Songs of Love and Grammar
Word Tasting Notes Google groupGet just the word tasting notes daily by email – join the Google Word Tasting Notes group.
I speak, too!I am available to do presentations on language and editing, and I can even lead a word tasting session for your group. For more information, contact me at an email address which is my first name (James) at my last name (Harbeck) followed by a period and the letters ca. (The preceding roundabout expression is for avoiding address harvesters for unwanted emails.)
- Chinese pronunciation tip 3: Mao Zedong, Cao Xueqin, Z, C
- Chinese pronunciation tip 2: Q, X, Xi Jinping, Li Keqiang
- Chinese pronunciation tips part 1: Beijing, Zhongguo, Zhang
- 2018 Winter Olympic venues (pronunciation tip)
- celsitude, Celsius
- Brueghel (pronunciation tip)