Pound for pound a raptor of rapture. Continue reading
Songs of Love and Grammar
Word Tasting Notes Google groupGet just the word tasting notes daily by email – join the Google Word Tasting Notes group.
I speak, too!I am available to do presentations on language and editing, and I can even lead a word tasting session for your group. For more information, contact me at an email address which is my first name (James) at my last name (Harbeck) followed by a period and the letters ca. (The preceding roundabout expression is for avoiding address harvesters for unwanted emails.)
- 365 words for drunk
- Commas before quotes
- Look! It’s a noun! It’s an adjective! It’s a number! No, it’s…
- around, about, approximately
- Among other things, it's a sentence adverb
- Can a metaphor be hyperbole too?
- E.g., this kind of thing, etc.
- I plight thee my troth
- Two weeks' notice?
- Going forward, it's an adverb